Can alcoholism be cured: How to handle the problem
When trying to figure out can alcoholism be cured, people often miss the fact that drinking alcohol frequently develops into a habit and then a severe addiction. Drunkenness adds to rejection by society, damages families, kills a great job, and degrades the person. It develops into a psychophysiological reliance in addition to demand. Therefore, a standard query is can alcoholism be cured.
Unfortunately, there is no treatment. A person who has developed an addiction is unable not to consume alcoholic beverages. Rebuilding the mentality and restoring the body are the only options. The patients will be able to live a whole life without turning to alcohol if they understand how much it hurts them and learn to find happiness in other things.
The alcohol addict must take the first step toward recovery, realizing his issue and desiring to figure out the ways how can alcoholism be cured. Then and only then will the cure for alcoholism work. It is crucial to offer the appropriate psychological and emotional support at this point. The work of a psychologist is to return a person to society gradually and eliminate the psychological alcohol craving and the body’s physical needs.
Why can’t alcoholism be cured?
All currently known methods of treating alcoholism do not guarantee a complete cure. With their help, an addicted person can stop drinking alcohol, but he can no longer drink moderately. The essence of this disease lies in the fact that after drinking at least one glass, an alcoholic who has quit will continue drinking until all the alcohol is over.
Long-term alcohol abuse alters brain chemistry in the same way all drugs do. The pleasure areas in the brain and the neurotransmitters that influence brain stimulation are essentially non-functional in an alcoholic. The neural connections formed during addictive behavior will always be present, even though we may gradually restore the neurotransmitter balance in the brain.
When you want to know can alcoholism be cured, remember that each step of therapy is beneficial despite the case’s complexity. In reality, the brain of an alcoholic develops new neural connections throughout recovery that enable them to appreciate things outside drinking. However, like with any chronic illness, the lack of symptoms doesn’t mean the disease was cured, and the condition has been treated. It may be elementary for a recovering alcoholic to relapse without effective support therapy after a cure for alcoholism in sober homes. Choose Fenway-Kenmore, East Boston, or another district to find the perfect facility. Inpatient treatment is incredibly effective, even though it may be more expensive and necessitate giving up other aspects of life. People may focus on their recovery and gain life skills to maintain sobriety after the program is over with the help of inpatient rehab.
Conditions and stages of alcoholism treatment
Seeking the answer to the question can alcoholism be cured, consider here two crucial aspects anyone battling alcoholism should be aware of:
- Alcoholism is a chronic condition that is impossible to cure permanently. It takes a total refusal to drink alcohol for a person to cease deteriorating and start recovering.
- It is necessary to have the alcoholic’s voluntary agreement. No reputable medical facility would treat a patient unaware of their disease or the need for care. In reality, this is the start of the healing process.
There are some standard stages of treatment:
- Acceptance of the problem – the patient agrees to help and is aware of its necessity.
- Detoxification or elimination of the acute withdrawal syndrome that occurs due to giving up alcohol.
- Long-term psychological rehabilitation aims to retrain the mind and emotions to achieve and maintain sobriety.
- Regaining social connections to restore the life you had before the illness. Getting proper support in a sober house in East Boston or elsewhere is easy.
- The maintenance stage is necessary to avoid breakdown.
At every step, a person must have the support of family and friends. They must recognize the perniciousness of the illness known as “alcoholism” and take action with medical professionals.
How to deal with addiction if it can’t be cured?
Alcohol rehab in Mission Hill offers excellent therapy to manage alcoholism, and its symptoms to every person who wonders can alcoholism be cured and wants to start a new life. It is crucial to remember every person will respond differently to alcoholism therapy. A recovery counselor at a treatment facility or your primary care physician should be consulted about your situation to determine the best course of treatment because every person with alcoholism has unique circumstances.
When learning more about can alcoholism be cured, keep in mind there are several approaches to managing and treating alcoholism, and here are a few of them:
- Detoxification. Detoxification is the first step toward recovery. A person quits consuming alcohol entirely and gives the body time to eliminate all the intoxicants throughout the detoxification process.
- Therapy, either inpatient or outpatient. Many alcoholics continue their therapy in inpatient or outpatient facilities after detoxification. While healing, patients might stay at inpatient treatment centers, while those receiving outpatient care might continue to live at home or choose facilities like sober homes of East Boston or Fenway-Kenmore.
- Although there are presently no drugs that will cure alcoholism, your doctor may recommend medicine to aid with anxiety, withdrawal symptoms, and alcohol cravings.
A person receiving alcoholism treatment uses all available techniques to equip them with the knowledge, abilities, and self-assurance they need to avoid or deal with triggers and cravings and thereby avoid relapsing. It is crucial to remember that stopping drinking alcohol suddenly might be risky, especially for people who have drunk heavily.
Medical treatment in Boston rehabs
There are different facilities in each district of Boston, so study the program and choose the location depending on your needs. For example, the Addiction Rehabilitation Center in Mission Hill offers competent assistance. Here, experts use sophisticated alcohol dependency therapy. Finding out the patient’s physical and psychological condition always comes first. Psychological addiction treatment comes after physical detoxification. Through several therapies in Mission Hill alcohol rehab center, the patient learns about the adverse effects of alcoholism on health and enjoys being sober before finally adopting a negative view of alcohol, which lessens the urge for continued usage.
Help from Eco Sober House
Can alcoholism be cured? Unfortunately, no. But when the person has quit drinking, it is pointless to cease therapy. Detoxing from alcohol is insufficient to control withdrawal symptoms. The patient should thus go through a suitable alcohol misuse treatment program in a sober home. It would be best if you opted for Eco Sober House. You may receive expert assistance from trained professionals House, as well as support from others traveling the same road to recovery. The professionals’ expertise, attentiveness, and favorable circumstances guarantee the high effectiveness of the rehabilitation process. Make contact with Eco Sober House staff to receive assistance and begin your healing process.